We have extensive experience of retro-fit installations, replacing old and expensive to run oil, LPG and solid fuel boilers for properties off the mains gas grid.
Our projects of this type have covered a wide range of residential buildings.
We have extensive experience of retro-fit installations, replacing old and expensive to run oil, LPG and solid fuel boilers for properties off the mains gas grid. Our projects of this type have covered:
- Wood pellet boilers in larger or poorly insulated properties
- Ground source heat pumps for properties with large grassed gardens or paddocks / fields.
- Air source heat pumps for reasonably well insulated properties, often fitted with a complementary solar PV system
These installations often include alterations or extensions to existing heating systems such as additional or upgraded radiators, domestic hot water circulation for larger properties and retrofitting of underfloor heating systems.
In all cases we will meet the customer on-site, discuss suitable technology options, carry out a site survey, and provide estimates and information on subsidies.
Large, old and poorly insulated properties are a particular challenge for the owner as heat losses are substantial and consequently energy costs can be astronomical. These properties frequently do not lend themselves to energy efficiency measures for preservation, decorative or construction reasons. We have delivered a number of projects to address these difficult buildings and have experience of:
- advising on options, grants and subsidies
- working with / integrating older heating systems
- assistance with application for payments
- working new equipment into inflexible / unusual / tight spaces