Air Source Heat Pumps
What are Air Source Heat Pumps?
Air source heat pumps use heat energy from the outside air to warm a refrigerant gas which when compressed inside the unit is heated – normally up to 70-80oC (the same effect as a bicycle pump getting hot as you use it).
This hot gas is then transferred to the fluid in the heating system which then heats radiators, underfloor heating and the coil in the hot water cylinder.
For each unit of electrical energy used to run the heat pump compressor, the system will generate around 3.5 units of heat energy (averaged across the year). This efficiency of around 350% and the fact that heat pumps can be powered from renewable electricity sources are the key reasons why heat pumps are being heavily incentivised by the government.
How will I benefit from a Heat Pump?
- High efficiency systems offering substantial fuel and cost savings over oil, LPG, solid fuel and electric boilers.
- A renewable heating product reducing carbon emissions and able to utilise renewably generated electricity
- Improved levels of comfort: designed to match the heat losses from your property and maintain a stable indoor temperature
- Little / no user intervention – runs on electricity with no fuel deliveries
- In many cases the system will be largely or fully paid for by the government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)* – reimbursing your investment over a 7 year period.
- Minimal maintenance required – annual check of key components and system operation
- Long warranties for quality products – up to 7 years for most of the products we install
- Uses a fuel which is aligned with the UK’s energy strategy which is increasingly moving away from dwindling fossil fuels
*The RHI scheme ends March 2022 and is being replaced by the Boiler Upgrade Scheme
How Does an Air Source Heat Pump Work?
How can Trusted Energy help me ?
- We are specialist and experienced heat pump installers with hundreds of installations in the East Midlands.
- We have a detailed knowledge of heat pump operation, installation and integration with other technologies.
- We have installation or maintenance experience of most major heat pump manufacturers.
- We offer free surveys, consultations and advice.
- We will always offer sound and unbiased advice – if a heat pump is not suitable for your property we will tell you.
- We guarantee no pressurised sales.