About The Renewable Heat Incentive
Get Paid For Going Green!
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is a scheme launched by the Department of Energy & Climate Change, to encourage the installation of renewable energy technologies such as heat pumps to provide hot water and heating.
The RHI paid participants of the scheme that generate and use renewable energy to heat their property. By increasing the generation of heat from renewable energy sources (instead of fossil fuels), the RHI helped the UK reduce greenhouse gas emissions and meet targets for reducing the effects of climate change.
The scheme is calculated so that within a 7 year period, you have recouped close to, or in some cases more than, the total cost of your renewable energy system through energy savings and RHI payments. Depending on your home’s heat demand, this could be over £20,000!
The Non Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive compensates businesses in commercial and ‘district’ heating applications. The value of the payments are based on energy usage and span 20 years.
The Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme along with the low running cost and maintenance of heat pumps make them financially appealing as well eco-friendly!
The RHI Scheme
- The Renewable Heat Incentive was a government scheme that’s designed to promote the installation of renewable energy systems. It ended Spring 2022 and was replaced by the Boiler Upgrade Scheme.
- We are fully MCS (Micro Regeneration Scheme) certified as are the components we install system in order to ensure you are eligible for the scheme.
- We provide all the necessary documentation and guidance on how to opt-in to the scheme.
- The Non-Domestic RHI provides financial support to businesses.
- Government backed scheme, administered by Ofgem.